Episodes & Info.
- Voices from Teachers Unify (released Feb. 17, 2022)
- Sarah Lerner, a teacher at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, shares her story as a gun violence survivor from Feb. 14, 2018 & what led her to become a co-founder of Teachers Unify.
- Voices from Teachers Unify (released Feb. 24, 2022)
- Abbey Clements, a former teacher at Sandy Hook School, shares her story as a gun violence survivor from Dec. 14, 2012 & what led her to become a co-founder of Teachers Unify.
- Voices from Teachers Unify (released March 3, 2022)
- Sari Beth Rosenberg, a teacher in New York City, shares her story as an educator & activist, and what led her to become a co-founder of Teachers Unify.
- Survivor Stories (released March 10, 2022)
- Amie Stevens, a teacher at Oxford High School, shares her story as a gun violence survivor from Nov. 30, 2021 & where she is on her journey to healing from trauma.
- Survivor Stories Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 (released March 17, 2022)
- Jeff Foster, a teacher at MSD, shares his story from Feb. 14, 2018 & talks about his influence on the students who started March For Our Lives, his hopes for gun reform & his book “For Which We Stand.”
- Covering a Tragedy (released March 24, 2022)
- Caitie Muñoz, a reporter from WLRN, the Miami NPR affiliate, shares her experience as a reporter on Feb. 14, 2018, trauma-informed reporting & other projects she’s done.
- Current Events (released March 31, 2022)
- Hosts Sarah Lerner & Dave Price talk about the current status of Teachers Unify to End Gun Violence, guns, violence, the 2nd Amendment, education today and more.
- Voices from the ER (released June 14, 2022)
- Dr. Joseph Sakran, a gun violence survivor and trauma surgeon, shares his experiences and journey through activism.
- Covering a Tragedy (released June 14, 2022)
- Edward Drantch, a reporter from WKBW, the ABC affiliate in Buffalo, shares his experiences covering the tragic events surrounding the shooting at Tops in Buffalo on May 14, 2022.
Sarah Lerner teaches senior English, Intro to Journalism and advises Aerie yearbook at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. She is an award-winning journalism teacher and yearbook adviser. Lerner is also the editor and contributing writer for Parkland Speaks, published by Random House. She has bylines in The New York Times, The Atlantic, Marie Claire, New York Magazine, The New Yorker, & PBS NewsHour Extra. Lerner has appeared on MSNBC, HLN,CNN, PBS NewsHour, PBS Frontline and NPR.
Dave Price is a former journalist & educator who now coordinates the Washington, DC-based “Talking ‘Bout My Generation: The Baby Boomer Experience” project, which he created in 2017. Price is the author of Come Together: How the Baby Boomers, the Beatles and a Youth Counterculture Combined to Create the Music of the Woodstock Generation. He co-hosts two national podcasts and one live weekly webcast. As part of the DC project, Price has designed & led guided tours for Smithsonian and Newseum.